The club offers a number of arranged rides, the most popular ones being:
Thursday Night Road Rides
Sunday Morning Road Rides
In addition, there are additional group rides such as the Moonzwift rides and the Tuesday Night Relaxed Rides, details of which are communicated via the club Whatsapp groups.
Thursday Night Road Rides
Thursday night rides are the focal point of the club.
Our Thursday evening club ride campaign will begin on Thursday 30th March
Riders should begin to congregate on Ripon Market Square from 6.15pm ready to ride at 6.30pm. All riders are required to have at least a rear light fitted for the first few weeks until the daylight hours extend. If conditions are poor a front light may be sensible too.
The number of groups will always be dependent on how many riders attend with a maximum of 12 per group. Groups will then be split on speed. In addition to our Group 1 (22mph+), Group 2 (20mph+) and Group 3 (18mph+) the club will organise a steady group. We aim to offer groups that cover as many different abilities as possible.
We congregate at Ripon Market Square at 18:15pm for departure at 18:30.
Ripon Market Square: https://goo.gl/maps/Ws85cHmA1VoUtV6AA
For all groups, and the most popular part of the evening for some, at Ripon Football Club on Mallorie Park.
Please familiarise yourself with The Club Rules before participating in any club ride.
Thursday Night Road Routes
- Route No 1 – Club Ride – https://www.strava.com/routes/4276026
- Route No 2 – Ride of the Redhawks Clockwise – https://www.strava.com/routes/4276091
- Route No 3 – Snape Hill Anticlockwise – https://www.strava.com/routes/4280329
- Route No 4 – Devils Elbow Clockwise – https://www.strava.com/routes/5040326
- Route No 5 – Masham Loop Clockwise – https://www.strava.com/routes/5378592
- Route No 6 – Busby Stoop Clockwise – https://www.strava.com/routes/6173844
- Route No 7 – Ellingstring – https://www.strava.com/routes/5623670
- Route No 8 – Bedale – https://www.strava.com/routes/5816592
SUNDAY ROAD RIDES
Sunday rides are the backbone of most UK clubs.
At Moonglu CC, groups covering most abilities leaves Ripon Market Square at 09.00 at a speed suitable for all participating riders. The routes vary in distance between 40 and 100 miles, with short-cut options where possible. In time-honoured tradition, we often stop at one of our favourite cafés for brunch. There are designated experienced ride leaders who know the routes and can help with pacing, punctures and mechanical issues should anything go wrong. Riders are encouraged to suggest routes in the club whatsapp road rides group.
Rides will be subject to weather conditions. If poor conditions are forecast be prepared for little or no members meeting on the square. Either our Facebook group or our club ‘Road rides’ whatsapp group is the best way to keep up to date with Sunday ride plans. N/b Lights are mandatory on all rides from 1 September.
Sunday Road Routes
- Ellerton https://www.strava.com/routes/3050428943026596074
- Hampsthwaite https://www.strava.com/routes/3029723950038069538
- Lumpy Blubberhouses https://www.strava.com/routes/3046148168438229868
- Beningbrough https://www.strava.com/routes/3039246315664649164
- Boxing day Route https://www.strava.com/routes/3041313771719147940
- East Witton https://www.strava.com/routes/3038524323823963452
- Northallerton https://www.strava.com/routes/3036586972491969512
- Leyburn https://www.strava.com/routes/3035954461104805762
- Byland Abbey https://www.strava.com/routes/11060561
- Walshford – BBridge – Pickhill https://www.strava.com/routes/3031346961223462720
- Masham – Bedale https://www.strava.com/routes/3031252050418343198
- Easingwold https://www.strava.com/routes/3026222415000489260
- Danby Wiske https://www.strava.com/routes/3026175988510487050
- Kilburn & The High Roads https://www.strava.com/routes/2779689534852988956
- Wetherby, Melmerby https://www.strava.com/routes/3023334008188266640
- Kirklington Sessay BBridge https://www.strava.com/routes/3013550298876751444
- Catterick Masham https://www.strava.com/routes/3010882425479655276
- Bedale – Ouseburn https://www.strava.com/routes/3008470312336555664
- Middleham https://www.strava.com/routes/2835070068258101632
- Catterick – Northallerton https://www.strava.com/routes/3005885052018953010
Moonglu Club 100 Miler
Non Ripon Rides
- Helmsley – Bransdale https://www.strava.com/routes/3026057752838370826
- The Cavendish Pavillion Riverside Café, Bolton Abbey, 01756 710245
- Zarina’s, Kettlewell, Skipton, 01756 761188
- Toft Ban Gate, Greenhow, 01423 712118
- Sykes’s House, Askrigg, 01969 650535
- The White Swan, Thornton-Le-Clay, 01653 618286
- Ye Olde Naked Man Café, Settle, 01729 822652
- Yorks of Thirsk, Thirsk, 01845 526776
- Tan Hill Inn, Reeth, 01833 628246
- Suncatchers Café, Masham, 01765 688809
- Darley Mill Centre, Darley, 01423 780857
- The Curious Table, Easingwold, 01347 823434
- Penny Garth Café, Hawes, 01969 667066
- Sophies, Harrogate, 01423 779219
- The Dales Bike Centre, Fremington, Richmond, 01748 884908
- Prologue Performance Cycling, Harrogate, 01423 503000
- Caffe Rosso, Harrogate, 07915 554348
- The White Swan, Wighill, 01937 832217
Thursday Off-Road Routes
(Start from Hell Wath)
- Winksley (Shorter) https://ridewithgps.com/routes/40914738
- Mountgarret https://ridewithgps.com/routes/39209681
- Brimham Hall https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38841962
- Cayton/lake https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38841632
- Galphay/Fountains https://ridewithgps.com/routes/40609810
- Farnham https://ridewithgps.com/routes/40511739
- Brimham/Sawley https://ridewithgps.com/routes/40439444
- South Stainley https://ridewithgps.com/routes/40333987
- Ringbeck/Skelding Moor https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37336580
- North Stainley https://ridewithgps.com/routes/41166061 *(Market Square start)
- West Witton https://ridewithgps.com/routes/41490342
- Night Skies https://ridewithgps.com/routes/41068341
- Dufton (High Cup Nick), MTB Ride https://ridewithgps.com/routes/34936456
- Harewood – Tadcaster 99Km https://ridewithgps.com/routes/40148293