Thursday Night Rides
Thursday night rides are the focal point of the club.
We congregate at Ripon Market Square for departure at 18:30.
Dependent on the turnout, several groups of up to 15 riders are organised to cater for all abilities.
We have a growing collection of mixed, flat and hilly routes ranging from 14 to 30 miles, which take in the best roads around Ripon. There are designated experienced ride leaders who know the routes and can help with pacing, punctures and mechanical issues should anything go wrong. But mostly, we hope you enjoy the speed and momentum of safe group riding as much as we do...
- Route No 1 – Club Ride - https://www.strava.com/routes/4276026
- Route No 2 – Ride of the Redhawks Clockwise - https://www.strava.com/routes/4276091
- Route No 3 – Snape Hill Anticlockwise - https://www.strava.com/routes/4280329
- Route No 4 – Devils Elbow Clockwise - https://www.strava.com/routes/5040326
- Route No 5 – Masham Loop Clockwise - https://www.strava.com/routes/5378592
- Route No 6 – Busby Stoop Clockwise - https://www.strava.com/routes/6173844
- Route No 7 – Ellingstring - https://www.strava.com/routes/5623670
- Route No 8 – Bedale - https://www.strava.com/routes/5816592
Please familiarise yourself with the club rules before participating in any club ride.N/b Lights are mandatory on all rides from 1 September.
Our Thursday evening club ride campaign will begin on Thursday 31st March 2022. Riders should begin to congregate on Ripon Market Square from 6.15pm ready to ride at 6.30pm. All riders are required to have at least a rear light fitted for the first few weeks until the daylight hours extend. If conditions are poor a front light may be sensible too.
Depending on rider numbers and senior riders there may be up to 5 groups riding out this year. In addition to our Group 1 (22mph+), Group 2 (20mph+) and Group 3 (18mph+) the club will organise an Introductory group and a Development Group.
For all rides, and the most popular part of the evening for some, at Ripon Football Club on Mallorie Park.